How to cook Roasted Mackerel with Herbs and Onions
- 3 small whole mackerel (or any firm, white-fleshed fish)
- Dried herbs (basil and rosemary) to taste
- 1-2 onions, cut into half rings
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Flour for breading
- Clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills, cut off the head, tail, and fins.
- Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut each mackerel into 3 pieces and season with salt. Sprinkle the fish inside with herbs.
- Dust each piece of fish with the flour and shake off any excess.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the fish pieces over medium heat about 2-3 minutes per side. (Fry the fish in batches.)
- Fry the onion until is soft and translucent, together with fish or in the same frying pan when all fish is done.
- Serve the roasted mackerel hot with the fried onions and side dish of your choice. Goes well with broiled potatoes, mashed potatoes or steamed plain rice.
The Roasted Mackerel with Herbs and Onions
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Roasted Mackerel with Herbs and Onions serves/makes: 3 servings
The Roasted Mackerel with Herbs and Onions recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Mackerel
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed