How to cook Roasted Sea Bream with Potato Cakes & Zucchini
- 1 whole sea bream (or sea bass, walleye), about 3/4 - 1 pound each
- 4 whole sea bream, scaled and gutted (about 10 ounces each)
- 4 to 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- 1 pound large floury potatoes, skin on quartered
- 3 ounces coriander stalks and leaves, very finely chopped, PLUS extra leaves to garnish
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into ribbons with a peeler, discard the core
- 2 ounces toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the potatoes in a large pan of salted water and bring to the boil for 5 minutes, drain and set aside to cool.
- Make 3 slashes on both sides of each fish. Mix the coriander leaves with 2 teaspoons of grated coriander and 2 teaspoons grated cumin and rub into the cavities and slashes of each fish.
- Place in a baking tray, coat with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil, set aside.
- Grate the cooled potato coarsely into a bowl, season with 1 teaspoons of grated coriander, 1 teaspoons grated cumin, salt and pepper, combine gently by hand.
- Cook the fish in the oven for 15 minutes. Uncover for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat and add 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- Spoon the grated potato into the pan in four circles, press each down with the back of a fork.
- Fry undisturbed for 8 to10 minutes on each side, remove and keep warm.In the same pan heat 1 tablespoon olive oil, add the zucchini ribbons and a pinch of salt; saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve the potato cakes on warm serving plates, top with the baked fish and garnish with the pine nuts, coriander and sauteed zucchini ribbons.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
The Roasted Sea Bream with Potato Cakes & Zucchini recipe easy to cook and so good!
Nick Stephens from Bordeaux Undiscovered recommends a White Burgundy, Dry White Bordeaux, White Cote de Rhone, Chablis, Chardonnay.
This recipe for Roasted Sea Bream with Potato Cakes & Zucchini serves/makes: 4 servings
The Roasted Sea Bream with Potato Cakes & Zucchini recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Bream
Preparation Method: Baked