How to cook Roasted Smelt or Capelin in Oven
- 1 pound fresh or freshly frozen large smelt or capelin, thawed if frozen
- 2 ounces white breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoning for fish
- A little olive oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the entrails and rinse capelin with cold water and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs and seasoning for fish; mix well. Roll the fish in this mixture.
- Then lay the fish tightly in a single layer in a baking dish or tray, greased with olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake at 355°F (180°C) for about 30 minutes.
- Serve the Roasted Smelt or Capelin in Oven hot with boiled potatoes or mashed potatoes and fresh vegetable salad.
The Roasted Smelt or Capelin in Oven
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Roasted Smelt or Capelin in Oven serves/makes: 4 servings
The Roasted Smelt or Capelin in Oven recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Smelt
Preparation Method: Baked