How to cook Roasted Tomato and Tuyo Linguine
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 pound linguine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 20 bottled tuyo (dried salted herring) fillets in olive oil
- Olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash cherry tomatoes and put them in a baking pan. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Toss until every single one is coated in oil and salt. Roast in the over at 400°F (200°C) for 10 - 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a pan. Sauté garlic in olive oil until oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic, don't let it turn brown.
- On a separate pan, heat the olive oil that came with the tuyo fillets. Add around 4 tablespoons more olive oil.
- Add tuyo fillets and mash it with a spoon to eventually dissolve it in the olive oil. The oil will then get all that wonderful tuyo flavor.
- Stir in linguine and make sure it is coated with the oil.
- Let the linguine noodles absorb the tuyo-infused olive oil.
- Add garlic-infused oil and mix well.
- Add roasted tomato and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the Roasted Tomato and Tuyo Linguine warm with lemon wedges and fresh salad of your choice.
The Roasted Tomato and Tuyo Linguine
recipe is delicious and really easy to cook.
This Roasted Tomato and Tuyo Linguine
simple pasta Filipino dish has bottled tuyo
as a star ingredient. Tuyo
are herrings, tiny fish salted and sun dried for food preservation.
This recipe for Roasted Tomato and Tuyo Linguine serves/makes: 4 servings
The Roasted Tomato and Tuyo Linguine recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Pasta