How to cook Romaine Salad with Anchovy Dressing
- 2 anchovy fillets, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 pound Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Separate romaine leaves. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide pieces, wash well, and spin dry.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave 1/3 cup parmesan curls.
- In a blender puree garlic and anchovies with lemon juice. With motor running add oil in a stream until dressing is emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl toss romaine with dressing, 1/4 cup Parmesan curls, and salt and pepper to taste. Divide salad between 2 plates and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan curls.
The Romaine Salad with Anchovy Dressing is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
The Romaine Salad with Anchovy Dressing is a wonderful lighter alternative to Caesar salad.
This recipe for Romaine Salad with Anchovy Dressing serves/makes: 6
The Romaine Salad with Anchovy Dressing recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Salad