3 - 4 servings
How to cook Romanian Baked Whole Sterlet
- 1 whole sterlet (small species of sturgeon), about 2 pounds
- 1.4 pound butter
- 1 small bunch mixed herbs
- 1.2 pint white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of half a lemon
- Clean and skin the fish thoroughly.
- Place in a large baking dish, with salt, pepper and the herbs, chopped very finely.
- Pour in the lemon juice and the wine.
- Dot with butter, and bake it for about an hour, basting frequently, until it is nicely browned in the preheated oven 350°F (180°C).
The sterlet (Acipenser ruthenus) is a common Eurasian species of sturgeon, one of the smaller species of sturgeon. It is a common domestic species in the UK and Europe and an angling species all over the world. It can also be grown for eating or for its caviar or isinglass.
This recipe for Romanian Baked Whole Sterlet serves/makes: 3 - 4 servings
The Romanian Baked Whole Sterlet recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sturgeon
Preparation Method: Baked
Cuisine: Other European
(more Other European