2 - 3
How to cook Royal Crab Mousse
- 2 (6-ounce / 170-mL each) cans crab meat, drained and flaked
- 2 packs ( 2 tablespoons / 30 mL) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) cold water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) evaporated milk (2% m.s.g.), chilled
- 1 boiled small shrimp (optional)
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- In saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water.
- Transfer over low heat stir constantly until gelatin is dissolved.
- Combine crab meat, tomato juice, lemon juice, mayonnaise, pimentos, chopped chives and parsley.
- Stir in dissolved gelatine salt and pepper.
- Whip cold evaporated milk until peaks form.
- Fold milk into crab meat mixture turn into a 4-cup (1-L) mould.
- Chill until set.
- Unmould onto a serving plate.
- A small shrimp and parsley sprigs add that special touch.
The Royal Crab Mousse recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
This recipe for Royal Crab Mousse serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Royal Crab Mousse recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Crab
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled