How to cook Russian Baked Mirror Carp
- 1 whole alive mirror carp, about 6 pounds
- 2 tomatoes, cut into rings
- 2 onions, cut into half rings
- 1/2 lemon, cut into very thin rings
- Flour for breading
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Carefully clean the carp; remove the entrails and gills. Cut off the head, fins and tail. (You can save the carp head and tail for future fish soup.) Cut the carp into quite large steaks.
- Mix flour salt and pepper. Bread the carp steaks and fry on high heat literally 1 1/2 - 2 minutes on each side.
- Lay sliced onions, tomatoes and lemon in a baking dish place on top the fried fish steaks.
- Bake in a preheated to 355°F (180°C) oven for about 30-40 minutes, until tender.
- Serve the Russian Baked Mirror Carp hot.
The Russian Baked Mirror Carp
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Russian Baked Mirror Carp serves/makes: 8 servings
The Russian Baked Mirror Carp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked