6 - 8 servings
How to cook Russian Baked Stuffed Carp
- 1 whole carp, about 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 large carrot, grated on a coarse grater
- 1 onion, cut into half-rings
- 1/2 pound white bread, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 bunch dill, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lightly fry carrot and onion in olive oil. Transfer the roasted vegetables to the baking tray, covered with foil, and spread evenly.
- Carefully clean the fish, remove the entrails and gills. Cut the fins. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Drizzle the fish with vinegar on all sides; let stand to marinate for 15-20 minutes. Then season with salt inside and out.
- Mix the bread, parsley, dill and half of cream. Stuff the fish with this mixture and lay on top of vegetables.
- Grease the fish with the remaining sour cream and pour over the white wine.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 355°F (180°C) for about 50-60 minutes.
- Serve the Russian Baked Stuffed Carp hot.
The Russian Baked Stuffed Carp
recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Russian Baked Stuffed Carp serves/makes: 6 - 8 servings
The Russian Baked Stuffed Carp recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Baked