4 - 6
How to cook Russian Baked Whole Sterlet
- 1 whole sterlet (small species of sturgeon), about 3 pounds, cleaned and scaled
- 1 lemon
- White wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash sterlet in cold water.
- Combine peeled and thinly cubed lemon with dill, salt and pepper and stuff fish with the mixture.
- Sprinkle with white wine and bake in the preheated oven 350°F (180°C) for 25 minutes.
- When the fish is cooked, remove the spine carefully.
- Serve the baked sterlet with rice or boiled potatoes.
The sterlet (Acipenser ruthenus) is a common Eurasian species of sturgeon, one of the smaller species of sturgeon. It is a common domestic species in the UK and Europe and an angling species all over the world. It can also be grown for eating or for its caviar or isinglass.
This recipe for Russian Baked Whole Sterlet serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Russian Baked Whole Sterlet recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sturgeon
Preparation Method: Baked