How to cook Russian Carp Cutlets
- 1 large whole carp or 4 pounds carp fillets (I used bighead carp)
- 2 large onions (1 coarsely chopped and an other finely chopped)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 1 medium size bunch fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 loaf white bread
- Milk for soaking bread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce (I used Kikkoman soy sauce)
- 5-6 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon + 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt to taste if desire (Don’t use salt too much, because we’ll use soy sauce)
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- If you use the whole carp, gut the fish, cut off the head and tail; fillet and debone it. (You can save the carp head, tail, skin and bones for future fish soup or fish stock.)
- Rinse the fish fillets well with cold water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut fillets into small pieces.
- Break the bread, put in a bowl and fill with a sufficient amount of milk. Let stand it to soak for about 20 minutes.
- In a meat grinder or a food processor mince fish fillets, coarsely chopped onion, parsley, garlic (if using), and pre-soaked and squeezed of excess liquid bread.
- Saute the finely chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil until tender and cool.
- The minced fish season with salt (if needed) and pepper, add the eggs and soy sauce; mix everything thoroughly and let stand in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
- Wet hands to form into quite large patties minced fish and roll them in flour.
- Place the patties in a frying pan with hot 2 tablespoons of olive oil and fry 2 minutes on each side.
- Then transfer them to a baking tray and bake into a preheated 180°C (355°F) oven, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve the carp cutlets hot with a side dish of your choice, for example mashed potatoes and summer salad.
- Bon appetit!
The Russian Carp Cutlets
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Russian Carp Cutlets serves/makes: 4 servings
The Russian Carp Cutlets recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed