How to cook Russian Carp Fish Patties
- 2 pounds Asian carp (silver carp) or any freshwater fish fillets
- 3/4 cup oatmeal or 5-6 slices white loaf
- 6 ounces bacon, cut into pieces
- 2 onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon seasoning for fish
- 4-6 tablespoons flour
- 4-6 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- Rinse the fish fillets under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut them into medium pieces and mince with bacon, onion and oatmeal or bread slices (soaked in milk and lightly drained from the extra milk) in a mincer or food processor.
- Add to minced fish seasoning, salt and pepper; mix thoroughly.
- Wet your hands and form the fish mince into 12 small oval patties.
- Roll them in the flour- breadcrumb mixture and fry the patties in olive oil, over medium heat, until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve the fried fish patties hot with mashed potatoes, fresh vegetable salad and pickles.
The Russian Carp Fish Patties
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Russian Carp Fish Patties serves/makes: 12 patties
The Russian Carp Fish Patties recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Carp
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed