How to cook Russian Easy Baked Pike
- 1 whole freshly caught pike, about 3 pounds
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Carefully clean the pike, remove the entrails and gills. Rinse the fish under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper inside and out. Drizzle the fish with the lemon juice.
- Place the fish on a baking dish greased with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg powder and let stand half an hour before baking.
- Cover the baking dish with foil. Bake in a preheated oven to 400°F (200°C) for about 30 minutes;
- Then remove the foil and brown in the oven for 3-4 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 - 20 minutes and serve the Russian Easy Baked Pike with greens, sliced tomato and olives.
The Russian Easy Baked Pike
recipe very easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Russian Easy Baked Pike serves/makes: 6 servings
The Russian Easy Baked Pike recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Baked