How to cook Russian Easy and Simple Fried Pike
- 1 whole pike, about 2 pounds
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Carefully clean the pike; remove the entrails and gills. Cut off the head, fins and tail.
- Cut the fish into serving size pieces and put them in salt water for 10 - 15 minutes to remove excess odors.
- Remove the fish from water and pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each piece in flour, dip in beaten eggs, then coat in bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet heat oil and fry pike, over medium heat, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the fried pike with greens and lemon.
- Use the mashed potatoes, boiled rice or pasta as a side dish.
The Russian Fried Pike
is a very affordable dish. This recipe simple, easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Russian Easy and Simple Fried Pike serves/makes: 4 servings
The Russian Easy and Simple Fried Pike recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed