How to cook Russian Fish Patties (Kotleti)
- 3/4 to 1 pound any fish fillet (I used pike)
- 1 onion, cut into quarters
- 1 medium sized potato, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-3 slices white loaf, crusts removed
- Milk to soak bread
- Flour or breadcrumbs for breading
- Salt and freshly grated black pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Rinse the fish fillet under running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut it into medium pieces and mince with bread slices (soaked in milk and lightly drained from the extra milk), onion, and potato in a mincer or food processor.
- Combine the minced fish, egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix thoroughly. (If the fish mince is too wet add some breadcrumbs.)
- Wet your hands and form the fish mince into 6 small oval patties, about 3/4 to 1 inch thick.
- Roll them in flour or breadcrumbs and fry the patties in oil, over medium heat, until golden brown, about 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Serve the Russian Fish Patties (Kotleti) hot with pasta (rice or mashed potatoes), fresh vegetable salad and pickles.
The Russian Fish Patties (Kotleti)
recipe very easy to cook and very tasty too!
This recipe for Russian Fish Patties (Kotleti) serves/makes: 6 patties
The Russian Fish Patties (Kotleti) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pike
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed