How to cook Russian Halibut
- 4 individual servings halibut
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) paprika
- 1 medium-size onion
- 6 thin slices unpeeled lemon
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chili sauce
- Arrange fish servings into a round 8-inch (20-cm) dish.
- Mix together salt, sugar and paprika sprinkle all over fish.
- Peel and thinkly slice onion arrange over fish.
- Top with lemon slices reserve.
- Microwave butter and chili sauce on 'MAXIMUM' for 40 seconds.
- Pour all over fish.
- Cover dish with waxed paper.
- Microwave on 'MAXIMUM' for 5 minutes or on 'MEDIUM' for 8 minutes.
- Leave to rest for 2 minutes before serving.
Oven: 700 watts
Preparation time: 6 minutes
Cooking time: 6 to 9 minutes
Waiting time: 2 minutes
Use fresh or thawed frozen fish.
It is possible to prepare this dish a few hours ahead of time it must then be refrigerated until ready to cook, just before serving.
This recipe for Russian Halibut serves/makes: 4
The Russian Halibut recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Microwave