16 - 18 canapes
How to cook Russian Herring Canapes
- 1/2 cup pickled herring fillets
- 1/2 cup chopped apples
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- Cucumber pickle
- Cut smoked or pickled herring in small pieces.
- Mix with thinly sliced tart apples.
- Bind with mayonnaise.
- Spread on toast squares and garnish with chopped eggs and bits of cucumber pickle.
The Russian Herring Canapes recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Russian Herring Canapes serves/makes: 16 - 18 canapes
The Russian Herring Canapes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked