How to cook Russian Smoked Shad with Boiled Potatoes
- 16 oz jar of Smoked Shad in oil
- 1 raw medium onion cut into 1/8-inch rings
- 3 pounds boiled potatoes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Tomato and Cucumber Salad Ingredients:
- Arrange the smoked shad and onion on a platter.
- Cook the potatoes and serve in a heated bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour over the potatoes, or serve in a separate dish.
- Serve accompanied with the Tomato and Cucumber Salad (see below) and Russian black bread.
How to cook Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 6 firm, ripe medium tomatoes
- 3 firm cucumbers
- 1/3-2/3 cup cold sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare salad immediately before serving, cut out the stem ends and slice the tomatoes into thin wedges.
- Peel the cucumbers and cut into thin slices.
- Place 1-2 tablespoons of sour cream into bottom of 6 individual serving bowls, arrange the vegetables over the cream, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve at once.
The Russian Smoked Shad With Boiled Potatoes is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
The Tomato and Cucumber Salad
is one of Russia’s favorite salads. In the summer time Russians love to eat it before any meal- breakfast, lunch or dinner.
This recipe for Russian Smoked Shad with Boiled Potatoes serves/makes: 6
The Russian Smoked Shad with Boiled Potatoes recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Marinated/Uncooked