How to cook Salad Greens with Grilled Squid (Calamari)
- 1 pound (454 g) large fresh squid (calamari), cleaned and left whole
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 to 8 cups assorted salad greens
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Marinade the squid in the soy sauce for 1 hour. Thread skewers through the squid two or three times so they will lie flat on the grill. Skewer the tentacles separately.
- Grill the squid very quickly, on the hottest part of the grill, it should take no more than 60 seconds per side to become lightly browned.
- Dress the greens with the lemon juice and olive oil, then cut up the squid and scatter it on top of the salad. Sprinkle with the sesame oil and serve.
The Salad Greens with Grilled Squid (Calamari) is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
This recipe for Salad Greens with Grilled Squid (Calamari) serves/makes: 4
The Salad Greens with Grilled Squid (Calamari) recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Salad