How to cook Salade Nicoise
- For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the Salad:
- 4 ounces canned tuna, solid, water packed, drained
- 1 pound small red or new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 hard boiled eggs, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 pound small Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped into bitesized pieces
- 1/2 cup olives (of your choice)
- 2 ounces anchovies, chopped small (optional)
- For the Vinaigrette: Mix all vinaigrette ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside to let the flavors meld while you prepare the salad.
- For the Salad: Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender when pricked with a fork. Drain the water. Cover the potatoes with cold water to let them cool slightly. Drain before using.
- Place the green beans in a medium saucepan with 1 inch of water. Bring the water to a boil and steam the beans for 12 minutes, until they are brightly colored, but still crisp. Drain the boiling water and cover with beans with cold water to keep them from cooking further. Drain before using.
- To construct the salad, place a bed of chopped romaine on your serving platter. Arrange the boiled potatoes, steamed green beans, eggs, tomatoes, olives, tuna, and anchovies over the romaine. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad just before serving.
- Serve the Salade Nicoise with a crusty French baguette.
- Bon appetit!
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 40 mins
The Salade Nicoise recipe very simple to cook and very tasty too!
Perfect for those chillier spring days. Salade Nicoise
is one of those classic dishes that never looks the same.br>Salade Nicoise hails from the south of France, Nice, just along the Mediterranean. That means the core of this salad should speak to the region: black olives, anchovies, tomatoes, and French beans.
This recipe for Salade Nicoise serves/makes: 4 servings
The Salade Nicoise recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Pollock
Preparation Method: Salad