How to cook Salmon Bread
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) pink salmon, boiled and well drained
- 1 cup (250 mL) boiled long-grain white rice, cooled
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) finely chopped red bell pepper
- 15 olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) finely minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (30 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) tomato paste
- Lettuce leaves
- Into a large bowl, break-up salmon, using a fork.
- Mix in cooled rice, chopped red bell pepper and olives, minced green onion, lime or lemon juice, freshly chopped parsley and pepper.
- Into a clean bowl, mix together mayonnaise and tomato paste mix into salmon mixture.
- Cover bottom and sides of a 2-cup (500-mL) mold with plastic wrap, overlapping on all sides.
- Pour salmon mixture into mold, pressing to avoid any air bubble.
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, before unmolding.
- Line a serving plate with lettuce leaves.
- Unmold salmon bread over lettuce leaves.
- To serve, slice salmon bread into approximately 1/2-inch (1.3-cm) slices.
This recipe for Salmon Bread serves/makes: 6
The Salmon Bread recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled