How to cook Salmon Mousse
- 1 pound smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup commercial sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- Shredded lettuce, to garnish
- Sliced pimiento-stuffed olives, to garnish
- Shredded carrot, to garnish
- Soften gelatin in water 1 minute. Place whipping cream in a small saucepan over medium heat; cook until thoroughly heated. Add gelatin mixture, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- Place cream cheese in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until softened, stirring constantly. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt, and hot sauce. Stir in gelatin mixture, onion, chives, parsley, and horseradish. Gently stir in salmon. Spoon mixture into a greased 5-cup fish-shaped mold. Cover and chill until firm.
- Unmold mousse onto a serving platter lined with shredded lettuce. Garnish salmon mousse with sliced olives and shredded carrot.
- Serve with crackers.
The Salmon Mousse recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Salmon Mousse serves/makes: 5 cups
The Salmon Mousse recipe is adopted from The America's Best Recipes - 1989.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled