How to cook Salmon Mousse De Beauzon
- 2 cups flaked, cold, cooked fresh salmon, simmered in herbs and water
- 2 tablespoons gelatin*
- 1/2 cup scant cold water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 heaping teaspoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Fresh green watercress, to serve
- 1 dozen large split, cooked shrimp, to garnish
- Cucumber Sauce, to serve (recipe follows)
Cucumber Sauce Ingredients:
- Soak gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes. Dissolve over hot water. Add lemon juice. Cool.
- Mix cooked salmon, grated onion, capers, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, Tabasco, and salt to taste.
- Fold in the cooled gelatin, blend thoroughly. Place in a mold, and put in refrigerator until set.
- Unmold on a bed of fresh green watercress, garnish with cooked shrimp and serve with Cucumber Sauce.
How to cook Cucumber Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or parsley
- Mix mayonnaise with sour cream. Stir until well blended.
- Remove a small amount of the mixture and stir with of dry mustard until thoroughly dampened and smooth. Return to the rest of the mixture and add cucumbers.
- Stir in green food coloring and continue to stir until the sauce takes on a very pale even green color. Fold in chives or parsley. Serve with cold fish.
The Salmon Mousse De Beauzon recipe easy to cook and so good!
Saint-Genest-de-Beauzon is a commune in the Ardeche department in southern France.
*If you find the given amount of gelatin make the Mousse too stiff for your taste, cut the gelatin to 1 1/2 tablespoons. It is all a matter of preference.
This recipe for Salmon Mousse De Beauzon serves/makes: 6 servings
The Salmon Mousse De Beauzon recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Aspic/Chilled