How to cook Salmon Sandwiches with Aioli
- 6 1-inch-thick skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 12 slices multi-grain bread or country-style bread, toasted
- 3 bunches arugula
- 3 tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 shallots, peeled
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- FOR AIOLI: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange shallots and garlic on large square of aluminum foil. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Close foil tightly and seal.
- Place package on oven rack and roast until shallots and garlic are tender, about 1 hour.
- Transfer mixture to processor; cool. Add mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Blend until aioli is smooth; season with salt and pepper.
- FOR SANDWICHES: Arrange 6 toast slices on work surface. Spread each with some aioli; top with arugula and tomato slices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Add 3 salmon fillets to skillet. Cook fillets until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer each fillet to 1 prepared toast.
- Repeat with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and 3 salmon fillets. Spread more aioli on each fillet. Top with remaining toasts and serve.
The Salmon Sandwiches with Aioli recipe easy to prepare and so good!
is a French sauce made by mixing lemon, eggs, garlic, and olive oil into a smooth, creamy mixture resembling mayonnaise. It originates from Provencal cuisine, where it is served with meat, fish, and vegetables.
This recipe for Salmon Sandwiches with Aioli serves/makes: 6 sandwiches
The Salmon Sandwiches with Aioli recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - September 2002.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Sandwich