How to cook Salt and Pepper Squid
- 2 pounds squid tubes, halved lengthways
- 5 ounces rice flour
- 3 ounces cornflour
- 1 tablespoon salt flakes
- 2 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- Oil, for deep frying
- Lemon or lime wedges, for serving
- Open out the squid tubes, wash and pat dry. Lay on a chopping board with the inside facing upwards. Score a fine diamond pattern on the squid, being careful not to cut all the way through. Cut into pieces about 2 x 1 1/4 inch (5 x 3 cm). alternatively, keep the tubes whole and slice into rings or cut open as above and slice into strips.
- Combine the rice flour, cornflour, salt, white pepper and sugar in a bowl. Dip the squid into the egg white and then into the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- Fill a deep-fat fryer or large saucepan one-third full of oil and heat to 350°F (180°C), or until a small cube of white bread dropped into the oil turns golden brown in 15 seconds. Cook batches of the squid for 1-2 minutes, or until the flesh turns white and curls.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon wedges.
The Salt and Pepper Squid recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Salt and Pepper Squid serves/makes: 6
The Salt and Pepper Squid recipe is adopted from The Fish Food by Zoe Harpham.
Main Ingredient: Squid/Cuttlefish
Preparation Method: Deep Fried
(more Deep Fried