2 - 3
How to cook Salted Herring with Cottage Cheese
- 1 salted herring fillet (8 ounces)
- 1/2 pound cottage cheese
- 1 onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tomato
- parsley greens
- Press the cottage cheese through a sieve.
- Cut the onion into squares and fry in oil with tomato puree.
- Chop the herring fillet fine.
- Combine the cottage cheese with herring, add fried onion, mustard and mix ingredients well.
- Place the Herring with Cottage Cheese paste on lettuce and garnish with the tomato slices and greens.
The Salted Herring with Cottage Cheese is easy salad recipe, can be ready in 10 minutes. This recipe is a great idea for appetizer.
Salted, pickled, and cured herring are available in bulk at Jewish, Russian, Ukrainian or Polish delis and can also be found in jar at supermarket.
This recipe for Salted Herring with Cottage Cheese serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Salted Herring with Cottage Cheese recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Herring
Preparation Method: Salad