6 as part of tapas
How to cook Sardinas Fritas
- 12 medium size butterflied sardines*
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces olive oil
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- large pinch sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped continental parsley
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- Make the garlic sauce by pounding salt, parsley and garlic together, in a mortar and pestle. Stir in olive oil and season with black pepper.
- If necessary, dry sardines by wrapping in paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a fry pan.
- Dust sardines in flour and fry until golden brown, frying a few at a time so they don’t overcrowd each other.
- Turn once after a couple of minutes. When cooked, remove from pan with an egg lifter, so as not to break the flesh. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and some garlic sauce if desired.
The Sardinas Fritas (Fried Sardines) recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
are sardines that have been gutted, boned and opened out flat. Tapas
are Spanish style appetizers, which are served in small portions and eaten informally in bars before a hearty lunchtime meal or at the end of a workday.
This recipe for Sardinas Fritas serves/makes: 6 as part of tapas
The Sardinas Fritas recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed