How to cook Sardines, Black Olives and Kesong Puti Pasta
- 2 cans (5.5 ounces) Spanish sardines, drained, sauce and oil set aside (Mega Creations Premium Sardines or Ligo brands if available)
- 1 pound linguine, spaghetti or capellini pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 3/4 cup kesong puti, cubed
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Saute garlic in olive oil until oil gets infused with the flavor of garlic, about 20-30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and keep on mixing until tomato is a bit wilted.
- Add Spanish sardines, leaving a couple of pieces for garnish later.
- Keep on mixing and it will turn into flakes and the oil will get infused with its flavor.
- Add pasta and mix well until it is well coated with the sauce.
- Add a bit of the oil and sauce of the sardines which you set aside to keep pasta from being dry. Add around 1/2 to 3/4 cup.
- Add black olives slices and sprinkle with salt and a bit of sugar to taste.
- Mix everything together.
- Put everything in your serving plate and top with Spanish sardines flakes and fried kesong puti pieces.
- You can already serve it like that or you can microwave it for a few seconds to melt the kesong puti a bit and make it chewy and warm.
- Serve the Sardines, Black Olives and Kesong Puti Pasta with lemon wedges and fresh salad of your choice.
The Sardines, Black Olives and Kesong Puti Pasta
recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
(Kasilyo) soft white cheese similar to cottage cheese, made from carabao’s milk, salt and Rennet or white vinegar. It has a soft and slight salty taste, and wrapped in banana leaves.
This recipe for Sardines, Black Olives and Kesong Puti Pasta serves/makes: 4 servings
The Sardines, Black Olives and Kesong Puti Pasta recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Pasta