10 appetizer servings
How to cook Sardines Bread Pizza
- 2 (5.5 ounces) cans sardines in tomato sauce (Ligo brand if available), drained
- 10 slices bread
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons Nestle Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Melted cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven at 360°F (180°C). Then bake the bread slices for 3 minutes, then take out from the oven and set aside.
- Saute the onion then add the drained sardines, simmer for a minute.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper then simmer for 2 minutes, add the Nestle cream, stir and turn off the heat.
- On the baked bread, spread the sauce evenly, sprinkle with cheese then bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve the Sardines Bread Pizza topped with melted cheese for extra flavor, if desired.
The Sardines Bread Pizza recipe very easy to cook and so good! A cute appetizer that will surely capture the eyes of your guests or loved ones, during family gatherings.
This recipe for Sardines Bread Pizza serves/makes: 10 appetizer servings
The Sardines Bread Pizza recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Philippine Cook Book.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Appetizer