12 appetizer servings
How to cook Sardines on Bread Fingers
- 2 tins skinless and boneless sardines
- 4 thin slices white bread
- Fresh lemon juice
- Parsley, chopped
- Remove the crusts from the slices of bread.
- Cut each slice into 3 long pieces.
- Toast*. These are the "fingers."
- Place the sardines, either whole or split lengthwise into halves, on the "fingers."
- Squeeze lemon juice sparingly on each, and sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve as an appetizer.
The Sardines on Bread Fingers recipe easy to prepare and so good!
*You may toast the "fingers" if you like. But the great pianist Artur Rubenstein swears that nothing is a good as sardines on plain untoasted "fingers" of bread, the sardine oil soaking into the soft white bread. Try it either way, and you make the decision.
This recipe for Sardines on Bread Fingers serves/makes: 12 appetizer servings
The Sardines on Bread Fingers recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Sardines
Preparation Method: Appetizer