20 little sandwiches
How to cook Sausage and Oyster Little Sandwiches
- 20 fresh medium-sized oysters, shucked and drained
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 40 (1/2-inch) slices
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Hot Sauce or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Using a toothpick as a skewer, place an oyster between 2 slices of smoked sausage to make 20 'little sandwiches'.
- In a large, high-walled skillet, combine the wine, hot sauce, salt, Worcestershire sauce and honey; cook over low heat.
- Place the skewers in the sauce and heat gently, never boiling, until the oyster edges curl, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the Sausage and Oyster Little Sandwiches warm from a chafing dish.
The Sausage and Oyster Little Sandwiches recipe easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Sausage and Oyster Little Sandwiches serves/makes: 20 little sandwiches
The Sausage and Oyster Little Sandwiches recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Oysters
Preparation Method: Sandwich