How to cook Sauteed Halibut with Lemon-Vegetable Relish
- 6 halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 12 ounces plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- All purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
- Combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, parsley, garlic, lemon peel and cayenne in large bowl. Mix in 4 tablespoons oil and 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. Season relish with salt and pepper. Let stand at least 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Dust fish all over with flour to coat. Place eggs in 11x7-inch glass baking dish. Add fish to eggs; turn to coat. Let stand 15 minutes and up to 30 minutes, turning fish occasionally.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add half of fish with egg coating to skillet; saute until coating is golden and fish is just opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer fish to plates. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and fish.
- Top the sauteed halibut with relish and serve.
The Sauteed Halibut with Lemon-Vegetable Relish recipe easy to prepare and so good! Usually this dish is served on Hanukkah.
Fish substitution: salmon
This recipe for Sauteed Halibut with Lemon-Vegetable Relish serves/makes: 6
The Sauteed Halibut with Lemon-Vegetable Relish recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - December 2000.
Main Ingredient: Halibut
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed