How to cook Sauteed Shad Fillets with Caper Sauce
- 4 shad (or whitefish) fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a 1-quart saucepan over high heat, combine the garlic, capers, white wine and lemon juice and cook, reducing by one-third.
- Add the cream, reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook until the liquid starts to thicken, another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 2 tablespoons butter. Set the Caper Sauce aside in a warm place.
- Pat the shad fillets dry on towels. Dust with flour, shaking off the excess.
- Heat the oil and remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the shad fillets.
- Saute until golden, about 6 minutes per side.
- Arrange the sauteed shad fillets on a heated platter and top with the reserved Caper Sauce.
The Sauteed Shad Fillets with Caper Sauce is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Sauteed Shad Fillets with Caper Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Sauteed Shad Fillets with Caper Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed