4 - 6
How to cook Sauteed Shad Roe with Anchovy Butter
- 4 pair shad roe
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 anchovy fillets (from can)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Put flour, salt and pepper in small paper bag and shake. Pour onto a dinner plate and dip each shad roe in flour to lightly coat.
- Mash anchovy with 2 tablespoons of butter and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in skillet large enough for shad roe.
- Saute shad roe on each side to desired doneness. (Roe is better if it is still pink inside.)
- Put a spoonful of anchovy butter over each roe. Add capers.
- Continue sauteing for about 30 more seconds, just until butter is melted.
The Sauteed Shad Roe with Anchovy Butter is a very affordable dish. Great tasting food is easy to cook and is also healthy.
The roe (eggs) from shad is considered choice, on the same culinary plane as caviar, although used somewhat differently. In addition to being used for hors d'oeuvres and garnishes, shad roe can be sauteed, baked in sauce, broiled and fried. It was traditionally served with scrambled eggs as a breakfast treat.
This recipe for Sauteed Shad Roe with Anchovy Butter serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Sauteed Shad Roe with Anchovy Butter recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed