2 - 3
How to cook Sauteed Shad Roe with Lemon Juice
- 1 pair shad roe, 6 to 8 ounces
- 4-6 tablespoons butter
- Flour to coat
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or chives
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon or lime wedges
- Melt butter in a skillet. While foaming is subsiding, lightly dredge shad roe in flour and shake off excess.
- Add shad roe and cook until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Turn over, and brown on the other side.
- Remove the sauteed shad roe to a plate.
- If necessary add more butter to the skillet. Add ginger and saute for a moment.
- Add lemon juice and remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, add parsley or chives and spoon over shad.
- Garnish with lemon or lime wedges.
- Serve suggestions:some crisp bacon or some capers.
The Sauteed Shad Roe with Lemon Juice is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
The roe (eggs) from shad is considered choice, on the same culinary plane as caviar, although used somewhat differently. In addition to being used for hors d'oeuvres and garnishes, shad roe can be sauteed, baked in sauce, broiled and fried. It was traditionally served with scrambled eggs as a breakfast treat.
This recipe for Sauteed Shad Roe with Lemon Juice serves/makes: 2 - 3
The Sauteed Shad Roe with Lemon Juice recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Shad
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed