4 - 6 servings
How to cook Sauteed Walleye Steaks
- 1 1/2 pounds walleye or sauger steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- Heat oil in good sized skillet.
- Add the steaks and saute for 2-4 minutes, turn and finish cooking.
- Remove the steaks and keep them warm.
- Add onions, garlic and seasonings to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes then add the tomatoes.
- Arrange the steaks over the mixture, cover and cook over a medium low heat for about 10 minutes, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Served the Sauteed Walleye Steaks immediately while hot.
The Sauteed Walleye Steaks is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
This recipe for Sauteed Walleye Steaks serves/makes: 4 - 6 servings
The Sauteed Walleye Steaks recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Walleye
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed