How to cook Savory Crostini - Roman Style
- 8 canned anchovy fillets
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 slices crusty white bread
- Mozzarella cheese
- Chop the anchovy fillets.
- Heat the butter in a small saucepan and when it begins to melt, remove from the heat.
- Add the anchovies, working them with a fork to a smooth cream.
- Spread evenly on the slices of bread and place a slice of Mozzarella cheese on top of each piece (leave plenty of room around the cheese as it will spread out as it melts).
- Transfer to the oven preheated to 325°F (165°C) for a few minutes and serve as soon as the cheese has started to melt.
The Italian Baked Whitefish In Parchment recipe easy to prepare and so good! The Italian name for this recipe is Crostini Gustosi Alla Romana
In Italian, “crostini” means “little toasts,” and it is a very accurate description of the food. Crostini are made by thinly slicing bread, typically plain white bread, and toasting or grilling so that it becomes crispy.
This recipe for Savory Crostini - Roman Style serves/makes: 4
The Savory Crostini - Roman Style recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Anchovy
Preparation Method: Baked