How to cook Scallop Kebabs
- 1 pound (454 g) scallops, fresh or frozen, thawed
- 1 fresh small pineapple, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 18 fresh mushroom caps
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-inch (2.5-cm) pieces
- 18 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) garlic powder
- 12 slices bacon, halved
- Into a large shallow bowl, mix together scallops, pineapple pieces, mushroom caps, green pepper pieces and cherry tomatoes.
- Into a clean bowl, well mix together vegetable oil, lemon juice, dry white wine, soy sauce, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour oil mixture over scallops/vegetables mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring often.
- Cook bacon slices until soft, not browned drain and reserve.
- Remove scallops, pineapple pieces, mushroom caps, green pepper pieces and cherry tomatoes from marinade reserve marinade separately.
- Alternately thread scallops, pineapple pieces, mushroom caps, green pepper pieces, cherry tomatoes and bacon onto six (6) skewers.
- Barbecue over hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes, until bacon is crunchy.
- While cooking, turn and brush kebabs often with reserved marinade.
This recipe for Scallop Kebabs serves/makes: 6
The Scallop Kebabs recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Barbecue