How to cook Scallop Salad
- 4 fresh scallops (in shells)
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) white wine
- 1 large celery stalk, minced
- 4 stuffed green olives, sliced
- 3/4 ounce (21 g) pine nuts
- 1 green onion, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) French salad dressing
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 lemon segments
- Open-up shells delicately remove white meat and coral.
- Microwave scallops in white wine, covered, for 4 to 5 minutes, on 'MAXIMUM', until of a creamy color.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes drain and slice scallops.
- Into a salad bowl, mix together sliced scallops, minced celery, sliced olives, pine nuts and minced green onion.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Into a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise and salad dressing salt and pepper.
- Stir mayonnaise mixture into scallop mixture.
- Arrange a lettuce leaf onto 4 small individual plates.
- Evenly top with scallop salad serve, decorated with lemon segments.
Oven: 700 watts
Cooking time: 4 to 5 minutes
Waiting time: 5 minutes
Choose tightly closed shells.
To open-up shells, slip a pointed of a knife on top of the hinge delicately remove white meat and coral.
This recipe for Scallop Salad serves/makes: 4
The Scallop Salad recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Salad