How to cook Scallops Tetrazzini
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika dash dried oregano, crushed
- 1 drop bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 (3-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 4 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Thaw frozen scallops. Cut large scallops in half. In saucepan, combine scallops, onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and dash pepper. Add water. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Melt butter in saucepan. Blend in flour, paprika, oregano, dash salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Add the reserved liquid and milk. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Stir a small amount of hot mixture into the egg. Return to hot mixture; mix well.
- Add mushrooms with liquid and scallops to sauce. mix well. Spoon hot, cooked spaghetti into a 10x6x1-1/2-inch baking dish. Top with scallop mixture; sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Broil about 5 minutes.
The Scallops Tetrazzini recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
is an American dish usually involving a non-red meat (often diced fowl or seafood), mushrooms, and almonds in a butter/cream and Parmesan sauce flavored with wine or sherry and stock vegetables such as onions, celery, and carrots. It is often served hot over spaghetti or some similarly thin pasta, garnished with lemon or parsley, and topped with additional almonds and/or Parmesan cheese.
This recipe for Scallops Tetrazzini serves/makes: 4
The Scallops Tetrazzini recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Broiled/Grilled