How to cook Scallops Topped with a Crust
- 4 scallops (corals reserved), half or cut into 4 equal parts
- 8 ounces (227 g) shortcrust pie dough
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) butter
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) chopped parsley
- Lemon slices (to decorate)
- Into a small covered dish, melt butter for 15 seconds, on 'MAXIMUM'.
- Brush the inside of 2 shells with melted butter.
- Arrange shells side-by-side.
- Roll dough 1 inch (2.5 cm) larger than the two shells together.
- Half dough line buttered shells with dough, pressing well into shells.
- Cut excess dough all around shells, cover with paper toweling top, pressing, with remaining 2 shells.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Microwave for 3 minutes on 'MAXIMUM' delicately remove shells and paper toweling.
- Microwave pastry shells for 1 minute more, on 'MEDIUM'.
- Turn over pastry shells onto a wire rack leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour dry white wine into 2 of the removed shells.
- Add scallops and microwave for 1 minute on 'MAXIMUM', stirring once.
- Add corals microwave for 30 seconds more.
- Pour 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cream into each shell, without stirring.
- Season to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Leave to rest for 2 minutes.
- Arrange shells onto individual plates.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and decorate with lemon slices.
- Top with baked, cooled pastry shells and serve.
Oven: 700 watts
Waiting time: 2 minutes
If using, thaw frozen shortcrust pie dough for 30 seconds, in microwave at 'MAXIMUM' leave to rest for 10 minutes before using.
This recipe for Scallops Topped with a Crust serves/makes: 2
The Scallops Topped with a Crust recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Microwave