Sea Scallops and Rice:
How to cook Scallops and Rice with Lemon Butter Sauce
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded baby spinach
Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- FOR THE RICE: Cook rice following package directions; adding 1 teaspoon of salt. Add spinach for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- FOR THE SCALLOPS: Coat scallops in flour. Season with 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of pepper. Sauté scallops in olive oil and butter in large skillet over high heat, 2 minutes on each side. Do not overcook; the scallops get tough if you do. Remove scallops.
- FOR THE LEMON BUTTER SAUCE: Add butter, lemon juice, chopped parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper to skillet; gently heat.
- TO SERVE: Serve the sautéed scallops over rice and top with Lemon Butter Sauce from skillet.
The Scallops and Rice with Lemon Butter Sauce recipe easy to cook and so good!
This recipe for Scallops and Rice with Lemon Butter Sauce serves/makes: 4 servings
The Scallops and Rice with Lemon Butter Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed