How to cook Scallops and Tomatoes Over Crusty Bread
- 1 pound bay scallops, rinsed and drained
- 8 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry red wine, optional
- 6 diagonally cut slices crusty French bread
- In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp, 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in flour, thyme, pepper and garlic. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly, 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomato paste and all remaining ingredients except parsley, wine and bread.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until scallops are white, 4-5 minutes. Stir in parsley and wine.
- Toast bread in broiler or oven.
- Serve scallop mixture over toasted bread slices.
This recipe for Scallops and Tomatoes Over Crusty Bread serves/makes: 6 servings
The Scallops and Tomatoes Over Crusty Bread recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed