How to cook Scallops or Scalloped Fish
- 1 pound scallops or white fish fillets (flounder or sole)
- 1/2 cup (1/4 pound) butter
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 cup saltine cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup milk or cream
- On microwave ovenproof platter or 9-in. pie plate place scallops fish or fillets with thickest, meaty areas to outside edges of dish. Cover with paper towel which has been completely dampened, with most of water squeezed out. Microwave at HIGH 4 minutes.
- Remove platter from oven and let stand covered with paper towel while preparing buttered crumbs. In 1-qt. glass measure place butter. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute, or until melted. Add bread and cracker crumbs. Mix with fork.
- Remove paper towel from scallops or fish and sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper, then buttered crumbs. Pour milk evenly over top. Microwave at HIGH 2 to 4 minutes more, until scallops are tender (but not overcooked) or fish flakes easily with a fork.
The Scallops or Scalloped Fish recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Scallops or Scalloped Fish serves/makes: 4
The Scallops or Scalloped Fish recipe is adopted from The General Electric Microwave Guide & Cookbook - 1977.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Microwave