How to cook Scallops with Asparagus and Sweetbreads
- 1 pound (454 g) bay scallops, diced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 15 asparagus
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 lb sweetbreads
- truffle shavings, fresh to garnish (optional)
- Trim tough ends off asparagus.
- Cook until barely done in salted water.
- Cut asparagus into bitesize pieces.
- Blanch sweetbreads.
- Peel off skin.
- Cut into bitesize pieces.
- Reduce 1 cup chicken stock to 1/4 cup.
- Add cream and allow to simmer until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- In a separate pan, melt butter an cook the scallops and the sweetbreads until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add asparagus, sweetbreads and scallops to cream sauce.
- Garnish with truffle shavings (optional).
- Serve the Scallops with Asparagus and Sweetbreads over rice.
This recipe for Scallops with Asparagus and Sweetbreads serves/makes: 4
The Scallops with Asparagus and Sweetbreads recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered