How to cook Scallops with a Cheesy Sauce
- 1 pound (454 g) scallops
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) finely sliced celery
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons (45 mL) red pepper, slivered
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) dry white wine
- Wash, drain and dry scallops.
- Fry scallops and soften vegetables (green onion, celery and mushrooms) in 1/4 cup (60 mL) melted butter reserve.
- Melt remaining 3 tablespoons (45 mL) butter mix in flour.
- Blend in chicken broth, mixing until smooth and thickened.
- Add scallop/vegetables, grated Swiss cheese and white wine.
- Mix and reheat.
Double the sauce and double your satisfaction.
Serve the Scallops with a Cheesy Sauce over hot boiled rice.
This recipe for Scallops with a Cheesy Sauce serves/makes: 4
The Scallops with a Cheesy Sauce recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Scallops
Preparation Method: Pan Fried/Sauteed
(more Pan Fried/Sauteed