2 - 4
How to cook Scottish Creamed Fresh Haddocks
- 2 medium-sized cleaned and skinned fresh haddocks
- 1 1/4 cups half milk and half cream
- 1 1/2 ounces butter or margarine
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon made English mustard
- Warm the butter in a frying-pan, flour the fish and season them with salt and black pepper.
- Turn them in the butter until coated all over and then add the already mixed cream and milk to the pan, heat until it is just boiling, then reduce the heat so that it barely simmers until the liquid is reduced and the fish cooked and tender, finally, add the made mustard.
- This makes a very good breakfast dish.
The Scottish Creamed Fresh Haddocks recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Scottish Creamed Fresh Haddocks serves/makes: 2 - 4
The Scottish Creamed Fresh Haddocks recipe is adopted from The Traditional Scottish Cookery by Theodora Fitzgibbon 1995.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Poached/Simmered