How to cook Scottish Easy Fresh Kedgeree
- 1 pound (454 g) Atlantic salmon or any fresh fish fillets
- 3 eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- 1 cup Basmati rice*
- 1/4 cup cream
- Lemon pepper
- 1 tin flat anchovy fillets, chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- Grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons capers
- Cook rice. Steam fish, flake and remove bones.
- Roughly chop the eggs.
- Add fish to rice with eggs, anchovies, parsley, lemon juice, lemon pepper, grated rind and capers. Gently mix together.
- Add cream and mix again.
- Garnish the Easy Fresh Kedgeree with chopped parsley and serve it in the warm oven proof dish.
The Scottish Easy Fresh Kedgeree recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
(khichri) - a British variation of an Indian dish with rice, smoked fish, hard cooked eggs, and bechamel sauce flavored with curry. Finnan Haddie is most often used, but smoked sturgeon or salmon are excellent substitutes.
is a variety of long grain rice, grown in India and Pakistan notable for its fragrance and delicate, nuanced flavor. The grains of basmati rice are longer than most other types of rice.
This recipe for Scottish Easy Fresh Kedgeree serves/makes: 4
The Scottish Easy Fresh Kedgeree recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Salmon
Preparation Method: Steamed