How to cook Scottish Smoked Haddock Chowder
- 10 ounces smoked haddock (trout or whitefish), skinned, boned, flaked
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 1/4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 bouquet garni (2 parsley sprigs, 2 thyme sprigs, 1 bay leaf, and 1 celery stalk with leaves, tied together)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter with olive oil in heavy medium pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, vegetable broth, and bouquet garni; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes.
- Discard bouquet garni. Using potato masher, coarsely mash potatoes in soup. Add smoked fish and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add cream and chives and stir to heat through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve hot.
The Scottish Smoked Haddock Chowder recipe very easy to prepare and so good!
This recipe for Scottish Smoked Haddock Chowder serves/makes: 6
The Scottish Smoked Haddock Chowder recipe is adopted from Bon Appetit Magazine - May 2004, A Taste of Scotland.
Main Ingredient: Haddock
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew