4 - 6
How to cook Seafood Mix Chowder
- 1 (10 ounces) can clam meat, in juice
- 1 (5 ounces) can mussel meat, in juice
- 1 pound peeled, diced potatoes
- 1 (7 ounces) can sweetcorn
- 1/4 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 ounce flour
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1/2 pint tomato juice
- 1/2 pint water or fish stock
- 1 ounce butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Adjust your liquid depending on the juice in the clams and mussels, then use that instead of water or fish stock.
- Fry the bacon until the fat runs. Add the onion and garlic and cook gently. Add the potato and coat in the fat. Add a little butter if there is not enough fat.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir well.
- Gradually add the water, juice or fish stock and tomato juice and cook for about 25 minutes, until the potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the milk and butter.
- Add the clams, mussels and sweetcorn and cook a further 5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and serve the Seafood Mix Chowder with crusty bread.
This recipe for Seafood Mix Chowder serves/makes: 4 - 6
The Seafood Mix Chowder recipe and the pictures are adopted from The Our Favorite Fish & Seafood Recipes Cookbook.
Main Ingredient: Seafood Mix
(more Seafood Mix
Preparation Method: Soup/Stew